1. Will is really progressing with his language skills, though out of probably a whole minute of chatter, I can still only pick out one or two words. A lot of his speech is just random sounds made with inflection. I can't wait to figure out just what he's saying though, because it is obviously serious in nature if his facial expressions are any indication and usually VITALLY IMPORTANT based on decibel level. Will also has his own words for things. For instance, "jutch" means car or truck. I'm sure there are others, but that's the only identifiable one for me. And that's because we talk about jutches all the freakin day long.
2. Jamie leaves in a few days for a while for some training. I feel pathetic that I'm so concerned about a measely two weeks apart. I'm really not even worried about being alone with the boys because I'm alone with them the majority of every day anyway. I'm just dreading the loneliness. I haven't made many new friends here yet and it's exponentially harder to attend social gatherings now that I have two little kids. However, considering that it seems we have entered into yet ANOTHER war (or, you know "kinetic military action") I think I'm going to have to get used being alone again.
3. Will still drinks his milk out of a bottle. I'm not sure what to do about it. He can use a sippy cup just fine. He drinks juice and water out of his sippy cups for past time. But for some reason, milk from a sippy cup is just DISGUSTING. He'll take a sip and either a) open his mouth with a pained expression and let all the milk just run out, down his shirt and onto the floor or b) gag. I just don't get it.
4. Jake is already able to sit up. Well, maybe not exactly "up." He doesn't have the core strength yet to sit up straight for more than a few seconds, but he can balance on his little bottom just fine. And honestly, he might actually be able to sit up better than I give him credit for, but he finds his toes so damn interesting that I just can't tell. Either way, he isn't even 5 months old yet. Will wasn't a supported sitter until 6 months or so!
5. I forget what a giant baby he is sometimes. I took this picture of the two of us yesterday and it kind of surprised me. He's going to be a BIG KID. I'm already starting to worry about how Will is going to feel if his little brother is bigger than he is.
6. I'm going to work on helping Jake sleep all the way through the night while Jamie is gone. When I say "helping" what I actually mean is "letting him cry it out." I don't think it will be fun. Jake rarely cries, which makes it all the more heartwrenching when he does. Once he's sleeping through the night though, I'm toying with the idea of moving the boys in together. I'm both excited and terrified.
7. Here's a video of Will watching the Elmo Celebrity Lullaby I posted about the other day.